Esperanza is our newest collaboration with Nena & Co. Each sling was made by Guatemalan artisans using a traditional foot loom. Keep in mind this is a handwoven fabric. You will see small loops of thread, which is totally normal and part of the fabrics beautiful qualities. Esperanza includes multicolored stripes composed of muted browns, pinks, yellows, and blue.
To maximize the longevity of your sling, here are our tips for the best care.
- Wash in cool water by hand or machine on gentle cycle. Use a gentle liquid detergent free of optical brighteners to maintain color.
- Unthread the sling when washing. You can place a sock over the rings for protection in a machine.
- Hang dry or dry flat. Use a towel to remove excess water after hand washing.
- Your sling will arrive soft out of the box and will naturally get even softer with use.
- Although not necessary, when ironing, use lots of steam and the hottest setting.
- Although not necessary, use medium heat while ironing.
Size Guide - Point of Reference
Nena & Co. - Esperanza
This sling is fully adjustable and fits most. Standard (74”) fits most and long (90”) is intended for plus size or very tall (6ft+) wearers.